With Halloween approaching, Pumpkins are currently hot topic in our household. My little lovely finds them fascinating and cannot wait to get involved with decorating and carving pumpkins.
In the meantime, I thought that I would surprise her with some Pumpkin Playdough as an after school treat.
The recipe I used is non-cook (perfect!) and very simple.
Pumpkin Playdough – Ingredients
1 Cup of Plain Flour
½ Cup of Salt
1 Cup of Water
1 Sachet of Cream of Tartar or 2 tbsp
1 tbsp oil
Neon Orange Food Colouring Gel
Pumpkin and Star Sequins Glitter
Pumpkin Playdough – Method
1. Add a couple of droplets of food colouring to a cup of boiled water.
2. Place the flour, salt and cream of tartar into a bowl and mix.
3. Gradually add water until the consistency thickens and becomes ‘dough’ like.
4. If it’s too sticky, add more flour. If it’s too dry, add more water.
5. Knead the dough until smooth and roll into a ball.
The power of suggestion is a wonderful thing and whilst Olivia has played with playdough many times, the ‘Pumpkin Playdough‘ was new an exciting. Needless to say, she was delighted and for now, it satisfied her Pumpkin fascination.